Facebook has reported a huge 1.49 billion Monthly Active Users in the month of June 2015 which shows that its community is still growing. However, organic traffic reach has dropped tremendously as Facebook focuses on paid traffic to continually grow the business.
While there are many ways to increase traffic to your Facebook page, I prefer to focus on how to turn Facebook likes into email subscribers. To do this, you first need to have significant number of Facebook likes. A good number would be 50,000 likes to start with. But to reach this number fast, Facebook ads is the answer. Here's the mini video course I learn to place Facebook ads from a very well-respected Facebook influencer. I've written a review here.
Why the need to convert Facebook fans into email subscribers?
Ownership: You own and have full control of your email list. As long as you do not spam your subscribers, no one can take your list away.
Higher Impression: A higher percentage of your email subscribers will see your email compared to Facebook fans seeing your post. This is due to the decrease in organic Facebook traffic.
Spending Capacity: Email subscribers spent more as per the report by The Direct Marketing Association. Its ROI measured at 4300 percent!
How to turn Facebook likes into email subscribers
1. Add “email sign up” tab to your Facebook page. You can do this by adding an “email sign up” tab on the page which will lead to an opt-in form. Basically you embed opt-in form onto Facebook page. Good email marketing and autoresponder tool such as AWeber and GetResponse offer this function in Facebook.
Alternatively, you may want to consider using more advanced tool like LeadPages.net so that you can have a variety of choices on high quality webform design and awesome opt-in experience for subscribers (LeadBoxes) to choose from. This will enhance user experience.
2. Advertise on Facebook. Sometimes you just need to spent some money to advertise. Facebook has basically transformed into a giant advertisement platform as organic traffic is almost negligible. When you advertise on Facebook, you can target your audience based on many variables such as location, connection, interest, age, gender, language or more demographic segmentation such as relationship, education, ethnic, etc. I would say Facebook offers very comprehensive targeting tool to ease advertiser's work. However, you must make sure that your offer is attractive to your target audience. Here's a mini course on how to place Facebook advertisement to increase opt-in that you may want to check it out.
3. Integrate lead capture DIRECTLY inside FB post. Many are not aware that you can actually integrate real, functional opt-in forms and landing pages directly inside the Newsfeed and Fanpage posts to collect ultra-targeted leads regardless of whether the post is image or video based.
You can actually do this using a tool namely FB Infiltrator. By applying this method it increases visibility of your lead capture and improve opt-in rate tremendously as it ease the entire opt-in process. This enhances user experience.
4. Link to your lead capture landing page and not homepage. Many marketers made the mistake to automatically link everything to their homepage. What is the rationale for doing this? You really need to ask this question before deciding which page you want to direct your audience to. If your objective is to increase email list, then isn't the best way is to direct your link to lead capture landing page?
Please bear in mind that your lead capture landing page must be specifically designed to engage opt-in. It's important to give people to leave the landing page without much hassle. Ultimately, your intention is just to encourage people to join your list but not force them to sign up or leave. You can include your landing page link at your post or About section (hint: try to do “call to action”) .
5. Host a contest or giveaway. There are many success stories from Facebook marketers who gotten thousands of new subscribers by simply running contest and giveaways. However this strategy need to be supported with offers that your “ideal” subscribers would want… not simply any offer will do. Next, you will need to limit this contest to maximum 7 days only. Also must make sure that your contest opt-in page looks great and is mobile friendly. If you are keen to setup a Facebook contest, try LeadPages. It offers Facebook lead capture templates, landing pages and gated content too.
These are some I could think of how to turn Facebook likes into email subscribers. If you want to increase your subscribers fast, you can check out my review on CB Passive Income 3.0, a system with ready-made lead capture page and free ebooks. I've tried this system via solo ads and twitter marketing strategy and it works. But if you want to get free e-book on “Build and Grow Your List Fast” now, please click here.
I am sure you have some great idea to share with us on how to turn Facebook likes into email subscribers. Just leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you.