Online business is one of the many money making opportunities for the unemployed. Many have tried to make money online but in actual fact, out of 100 people maybe none of them are able to really create a sustainable business online. These people who fail will then start to believe that “making money online” is actually a myth. If this is the case, why are there still so many people who succeed online?
This makes us think why do most people fail? I am a firm believer of “give and take”. If you are willing to offer whatever you have before expecting a return, you will succeed. However, most people think about money before anything else. To me this is entirely wrong. Trust me, I've tried to give without expecting any return and the results are amazing.
One experience of mine is this. I used to own a nails & beauty spa business for 7 years. Being the boss, I have time flexibility to do things that I like and I started to volunteer in NGOs year 2009 on writing articles, designing magazines, conceptualize animation, organizing events, help to recruit more volunteers and many more. Many of my friends do not understand why I am spending my time “unnecessarily” on a NGO who doesn't pay me. Well, I just feel happy doing things this way. Then one day, when I decided to end my business for some reason, I managed to immediately get a job offer without the hassle to go for an interview (to those who didn't know me, I've not been in employment for more than 10 years until 2010 and therefore finding a job should be tough). This is the “delayed gratification” that I received for contributing whole-heartedly without asking for any return. People actually saw my effort and offer me a job when I need one! That's why I always say…
Give Before You Take…
It is the same in building a business online. If you think creating a few pages, stuff them with affiliate links and wait for money to roll in, then you really need to “slow slow wait”. I am sure you want to be build a sustainable business online which can forever take out the “unemployment” in your dictionary right? Creating a few pages is not possible to get rid of unemployment. It is the effort and consistency that make things happen. Success in fact has more patience than us. So, be patient.
Here is a simple formula to build a sustainable money making business online:
- Carefully research several niches before deciding a niche for your site. You should be passionate about the niche and there must be a demand market for it. To check for demand, try to look at popular affiliate sites like amazon.com, clickbank.com, shareasale.com, cj.com and see what type of product categories that they promote. Based on ShareASale.com, some niches to consider are Home & Garden, Fashion, Green, Business, Food, etc.
- Start building valuable content for both, your site visitors and the search engines. So what is consider “valuable content“? Similar to selecting a niche, your content needs to have demand. You can join a forum of your niche and see what information people are searching for. Then based on that, create a content to provide that information.
- Build more content, distribute articles, participate in targeted forums. This allows you to establish yourself as the expert in your field, to win the trust of your audience and to attract free, targeted traffic from the search engines. It would also be good if you could make comment on some authority site of your niche to increase exposure.
- Add new marketing strategies. You may consider writing a free e-book to be given away when people subscribe to your website and slowly build your list. With a strong and relevant list, you are able to share with your subscribers more knowledge on the niche you are working on and offer them good products.
- Monetize your site. Once you have a site of at least 40 content pages with at least 50 unique visitors per day, start monetizing: add affiliate links, Google AdSense, sell your products or services on your site. It just doesn’t make any sense trying to monetize your site if you have only a few visitors. Instead, focus on building more content, driving traffic, building your list and researching on good products that can sell on its own. Monetization comes last in the process of building your online business.
You just need to continuously provide value to your visitor in order to attract and retain traffics to you site. Remember, working for a month real hard will not lead to success, but working for a year this way will definitely create you a sustainable business online before you can realize.
Success has more patience than you ….
Only people who quit prematurely will fail online. I agree that as we build our business, sometimes we hit a crossroad when something doesn’t make sense or confuse the heck out of us. Then the fastest way is to quit! We really need to be patient and give success time as it is not going to happen overnight. If you are really serious about start your online business, here is how you can create your own website for free.
You just need to key in your preferred domain name below and you will be on your way to a beautifully designed website within seconds.
Being an unemployed, it is never ever so important to be patience and focus on what you've started. If you need to know more about building a sustainable business online, I am always here to help. You can either leave me a comment below or find me inside Wealthy Affiliate. I'll try my best reply as soon as available.